Bicycle Colorado is a statewide advocacy organization dedicated to building a more bicycle friendly Colorado. Our vision is to create a welcome environment for every person who simply wants to bike or walk.
Our nonprofit is celebrating its twenty fourth anniversary and continues to expand its influence. Recognized as a top advocacy organization in the nation, Bicycle Colorado works to increase access to and enjoyment of biking and walking. Bicycle Colorado’s programs include policy development, complete streets technical consulting, trail network support and bicycle education. Improving access, health and safety for people biking and walking are central to every program. Our office is conveniently located in vibrant downtown Denver near bike paths, rail lines and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided.
● Safe Routes to School: school based program that aims to increase the number of children bicycling and walking to school in our state while encouraging safe bicycling and walking habits. Components include teacher trainings, inclass lessons, encouragement programs and coordination with school administration.
● Bikes For Life: partnership with Children’s Hospital Colorado to teach several bicycle safety clinics a month where youth receive free bikes.
● Bike School: once a month learntoride classes for youth and adults who never learned to ride (April September). The Bike School hopes to expand class offerings to include commuter education/confident cycling classes.
● Community events: one day education and encouragement events, including commuter safety classes, family riding classes, bike rodeos and learntoride classes.
The Position: The Education Program Manager will report to the Education Director to oversee Safe Routes to School grants, Bikes For Life clinics, Bike School lessons and community events. The Education Program Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the programs, including scheduling, staffing and billing processes. In addition to these programs, there is always opportunity to reach outside of the department to work on other projects and/or events within the organization. This is a fulltime, salaried position.
● Coordinate Bicycle Colorado’s Safe Routes to School education and encouragement programs across the state
● Coordinate staffing, scheduling and equipment for Bikes For Life clinics, Bike School lessons and community events
● Develop marketing and recruitment materials and curriculum for all programs
● Coordinate and train volunteers and school staff
● Build relationships with school and community project partners
● Manage project schedules, budgets, deliverables and reporting
● Willingness to travel in Colorado and work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Skills and background sought:
● Strong project or program coordination experience
● Time management and scheduling skills a must
● Ability and interest in working with children and adults in an educational setting
● Confident and effective meeting facilitation skills
● Strong Microsoft Office, Google Drive and general computer skills
● Strong writing and communication skills
● Familiarity with schools and parent teacher organizations a plus
● Spanish competency is preferred
● Experience with volunteer recruitment and management
● Ability to lift 40 pounds
Compensation: A base salary in the low to mid $30s range will be awarded to the successful candidate, based upon experience. Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement match, paid vacation and a transit benefit are also included in package. Employees of Bicycle Colorado who work with children are subject to a criminal background check.
Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants
How to Apply:Qualified candidates please email resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this opportunity to display your writing communication skills. No calls, please