Dawson School is seeking an Assistant Cyclocross Coach for the fall 2016 season. Dawson is a K-12 independent school of 515 students located east of Boulder on a beautiful 112-acre campus on Hwy 287 just south of Lookout Road.
We are committed to excellence of mind, body, and character and to the support of students’ efforts to reach their individual potential, meet the challenges of the world, and savor life. The Cyclocross team is made up of approximately 20 riders, of varying skill levels, in grades 5 – 12.
Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., with off-campus practice on Wednesday or Thursday. The season consists of 5 – 7 races on Saturdays or Sundays in or around the Boulder/Denver area. The race day time commitment is approximately three hours. Stipend Paid.
• Ability to work independently with a group of riders is critical.
• Must work collaboratively with the Head Coach.
• Must be skilled Cyclocross and/or mountain bike rider, coaching experience a plus.
• Possess basic mechanic skills (tire changing, derailleur and brake (caliper and disk) adjustments.
• Have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
• Communicate effectively, collaborate, and work positively as a member of a team.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (attention Melissa Barker, Cyclocross Head Coach) and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ”Cyclocross” in the subject line of your email.