Bicycle Colorado is a statewide advocacy organization dedicated to building a more bicyclefriendly Colorado. Our vision is to create a welcoming environment for every person who simply wants to bike or walk.
Our nonprofit will be celebrating its twentyfifth anniversary this year and continues to expand its influence. Recognized as a top advocacy organization in the nation, Bicycle Colorado works to increase access to and enjoyment of biking and walking. Bicycle Colorado’s programs include policy development, complete streets technical consulting, trail network support and bicycle education. Improving access and health and safety for people biking and walking are central to every program. Our office is conveniently located in vibrant downtown Denver near bike paths, rail lines
and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, this new position will lead the coordination of a full roster of events, including our organization’s primary annual events, the Colorado Bicycle Summit and Gala Celebration. In addition, the successful candidate will support coordination of membership outreach events, such as Bike to Work Day, Bike to Work Wednesdays and VeloSwap; VIP/donor events and rides; inhouse quarterly board meetings; Lobby Day at the Capitol; National Bike Summit and additional events throughout the year.
This position is a handson role for all event logistics, while also providing the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table for our organization and grow our roster of events.
● Execution of successful event planning, including growing and improving current events and developing new events for additional revenue generation
● Plan all event details including, but not limited to, date and venue selection, food
& beverage, room layout, entertainment, decor, equipment rental and audio/visual
● Development of keynote speaker ideas, outreach and negotiations
● Work with Communications Manager on event promotion through social media, eNews, hard copy mail, email outreach, etc.
● Development of event collateral materials postcards, programs, etc.
● Work with Development Director on event sponsorship packages
● Coordinate sponsor benefits, including promotion and attendee registrations
● Create and maintain online registration pages and web pages for events
● Coordinate auction item procurement for Gala celebration
● Coordinate internal staff assigments, give clear direction, manage deadlines
● Coordinate all necessary materials for event site, including registration lists, name tags, signage, etc.
● Manage volunteer assignments, outreach and coordination
● Serve as point person at events
● Support event followup as needed
Background and skills sought:
● 24 years event management experience
● Strong organization and multitasking skills
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Experience and proficiency with managing multiple projects and deadlines
● Event promotion and communications experience
● Selfdirected with strong problemsolving skills
● Creative thinker who can bring new eventrelated ideas to the table
● Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
● Proficiency in Google Docs and the Microsoft Office suite
● Experience with JotForm, WordPress and/or Vertical Response a plus
● Passion for bicycling and interest in Colorado bicycling issues
● Ability to lift 40 pounds
● Fouryear degree preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
An annual salary in the mid $30s range will be awarded to the successful candidate. Full
benefits package includes health, dental, vision, paid vacation, transit benefit and
retirement plan match. Indoor bicycle parking is provided.
This is a full time position in our LoDo office. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to support evening, early morning or weekend event coverage as needed, especially during the summer months.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and up to three references.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Posting to remain open until position is filled.
Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants and employees.